|Product Code: ETC010544||Publication Date: Aug 2023||Product Type: Report|
|Publisher: 6Wresearch||No. of Pages: 70||No. of Figures: 35||No. of Tables: 5|
India Feminine Hygiene Market registered a decline of -14.02% in value shipments in 2022 as compared to 2021 and an increase of 16.49% CAGR in 2022 over a period of 2017. In Feminine Hygiene Market India is becoming more competitive as the HHI index in 2022 was 2043 while in 2017 it was 2540. Herfindahl Index measures the competitiveness of exporting countries. The range lies from 0 to 10000, where a lower index number represents a larger number of players or exporting countries in the market while a large index number means less numbers of players or countries exporting in the market. India has reportedly relied more on imports to meet its growing demand in Feminine Hygiene Market.
India is unable to meet its increasing needs of this product with domestic production hence we see the trend is shifting towards import shipment to meet its demand The import factor of Feminine Hygiene Market in 2022 was 2.32 while in 2017 it was 1.93. China, Indonesia, Thailand, Russian Federation and Poland were among the top players of the market in 2022, where China acquired the largest market share of 32.87% with a shipment value of 34.9 million USD in 2022 China also offered the product below the average market price thus having a competitive advantage over others In 2017 China had the largest market share of 45.57% with the shipment value of 22.52 million USD. The country was offering its product with an average price which is lower than the average market price offered in the country. As China price is lower than the average price, it provided a significant edge among other competitor in 2017.
The India feminine hygiene market is expected to witness a healthy growth rate over the forecast period of 2020-2026. This can be attributed to various factors such as increased acceptance and awareness among women about menstrual health, rising disposable incomes, increasing population of working women, and growing demand for convenience products. The availability of innovative products across all price points has also created opportunities for new entrants in the market.
1) Growing Awareness About Menstrual Health: There has been an increase in awareness among consumers about menstrual health and personal hygiene due to campaigns run by NGOs and government initiatives. This is expected to drive the growth of the Indian feminine hygiene market over 2020-2026.
2) Increasing Disposable Income & Population Of Working Women: Rising disposable income levels have enabled consumers to purchase more premium quality products thus driving up demand for better quality feminine hygiene products like sanitary napkins, tampons etc., which are generally more expensive than traditional alternatives like cloth pads or paper towels used during menstruation cycles. In addition, increasing population of working women who need convenient options for managing their periods is further fuelling growth in this segment.
3) Availability Of Innovative Products At All Price Points: The availability of innovative products at all price points has enabled manufacturers to cater to different consumer segments according them with flexibility when it comes to product selection based on budget constraints or other preferences they may have related with usage or features offered by particular brands/products.
1) High Cost Of Premium Quality Products : Despite rising disposable incomes amongst Indian consumers there exists a large section that still belong under lower socio economic strata where purchasing power remains low leading them not being able afford luxury items like high end sanitary napkins even if they recognize its benefits due cost factor associated with these kind of goods coupled with taxes applicable on them making access difficult task especially from rural areas where distribution network isn’t as well established yet compared urban counterparts.
2) Lack Of Proper Awareness & Education Around Menstrual Hygiene Management : Even though there’s been some amount progress made terms creating awareness around menstrual health management ,inadequate knowledge still persists particularly amongst rural populations limiting penetration level hygienic protection solutions available within segment . Additionally cultural taboos attached topics pertaining female anatomy further complicate matter deterring potential customers away from using conventional modern day offerings .
1 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Highlights of the Report
2.2 Report Description
2.3 Market Scope & Segmentation
2.4 Research Methodology
3 India Feminine Hygiene Market Overview
3.1 India Country Macro Economic Indicators
3.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, 2019 & 2026F
3.3 India Feminine Hygiene Market - Industry Life Cycle
3.4 India Feminine Hygiene Market - Porter's Five Forces
3.5 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume Share, By Product Types, 2019 & 2026F
3.6 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume Share, By Distribution Channel, 2019 & 2026F
4 India Feminine Hygiene Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
5 India Feminine Hygiene Market Trends
6 India Feminine Hygiene Market, By Types
6.1 India Feminine Hygiene Market, By Product Types
6.1.1 Overview and Analysis
6.1.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Product Types, 2016 - 2026F
6.1.3 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Sanitary Napkins/Pads, 2016 - 2026F
6.1.4 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Tampons, 2016 - 2026F
6.1.5 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Menstrual Cups, 2016 - 2026F
6.1.6 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Others, 2016 - 2026F
6.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market, By Distribution Channel
6.2.1 Overview and Analysis
6.2.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Hypermarkets/Supermarket, 2016 - 2026F
6.2.3 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Convenience Stores, 2016 - 2026F
6.2.4 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Drug Stores/Pharmacies, 2016 - 2026F
6.2.5 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenues & Volume, By Others, 2016 - 2026F
7 India Feminine Hygiene Market Import-Export Trade Statistics
7.1 India Feminine Hygiene Market Export to Major Countries
7.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Imports from Major Countries
8 India Feminine Hygiene Market Key Performance Indicators
9 India Feminine Hygiene Market - Opportunity Assessment
9.1 India Feminine Hygiene Market Opportunity Assessment, By Product Types, 2019 & 2026F
9.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Opportunity Assessment, By Distribution Channel, 2019 & 2026F
10 India Feminine Hygiene Market - Competitive Landscape
10.1 India Feminine Hygiene Market Revenue Share, By Companies, 2019
10.2 India Feminine Hygiene Market Competitive Benchmarking, By Operating and Technical Parameters
11 Company Profiles